Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Of cheeky computers and...

Two things that amuse me. When I show up for work, go to my desk and switch on my computer, the screen is upside down. Upside down! No kidding! Is this is a metaphor for my life? It happened two days in a row, adding further credence to my belief that I must maintain at least 10 yards' distance from anything technological. Seriously. (Babies cry and computers cease to function when I get near them). My office machine was promptly set right, though, and thus robbed of its individuality, poor creature.
The other thing: If you type into Google the phrase "miserable failure" or even just plain, simple "failure", guess what is the first thing to show up? I reserve my comments. Is this the future, where even the Internet becomes intelligent like those robots with IQ? Oh well, like I said, No Comment.

11 comments:

Anamika said...

Devs!

Technologically challenged with babies...and computers! Hmmmm! For a person who has just become 'connected' with the other side (as she had viewed it till now) that is worrying news :-)

Rupa said...

Upside down screen.....hmmm.

geminian said...

Upside down screen hahahaha :)

The other thing : - If you type into Google the phrase "i want to get married" just check out the first result it displays.
I think internet has become more intelligent with spider bots than robots. :)

Anonymous said...

Till a few months ago, if you typed 'weapons of mass destruction' on google search and hit 'I feel lucky' button instead of 'search' you came face to face with one of the funniest error messages posted on the net. Ever.

It exists no more. Just like I-RAAQ and that Osama. Hail Doobya.

Geminian, A lot is said by your choice of search words :-)
and sadly; I guess by mine too.

GGB

devikamenon said...

Yeah I did see the WMD search on Google about 2 yrs ago. Who is this Eicher (sp?)??

Anonymous said...

Sorry I did spell that wrong.
M.C. Escher.Dutch Illustrator.
Famous for fake perspectives like the never ending staircase.
Or the evolution series. All litho prints. amazing stuff.

GGB

Col said...

Devika,
Babies dont always cry and rant...grown ups do more.U might have noticed.
Computers,well have their ups and downs.

devikamenon said...

"Babies dont always cry and rant...grown ups do more.U might have noticed."
Ok. Is this sarcasm?

Col said...

Nope...thats something I notice everywhere and commented.Thats all;
sorry If it offended you.

geminian said...

Thank you anonymous

devikamenon said...

Hey Col,
joking. Peace!

Related Posts with Thumbnails