Thursday, May 17, 2007

You want me to what?

So it occurred to me that I might not be the best bet if someone wants a mentor. Let me qualify that: this is true, if the person does not have any special interest in doing anything, and tends to treat life like a giant soap bubble party. Hmm. When I was an instructor at a coaching institute many moons ago, on some occasions I simply threw out the students who didn’t work. This left the students who did, and the purpose of holding the class was validated. Of course, this coaching was very intense and was for a very specific purpose, and the chucking out technique was openly admired by some, and secretly by the throwees out.
Now, it’s different. I cannot throw people out of anywhere. I must wear pretty white kid gloves and put on a gentle smile. Ha. No one said life is easy.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails