Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Mental

One good way to keep oneself stimulated mentally, I read, is to try as many new things as possible. Say, one new thing every month. So I have been doing a few Sudoku puzzles over the past three or four weeks.
And what can I say, I am stimulated almost to the point of tears every time I attack one of the things. I once attempted one on a plane, with a pen. Needless to say, that did not go well.
J caught on to my new habit and bought me a book with four levels of puzzles, from Easy to Diabolical.
Now, I can do one of the Easy ones without creating great big holes in the paper from too much erasing and re-writing. I may even get through one entire puzzle without vicious doodling on the sides of the page, although the eraser is still my best friend.
J and his Dad just shake their heads- the poor sods still think Sudoku has to do with being good at numbers, and by association, think I'm incredibly brilliant. Of course, I haven't corrected this notion- I just smirk and chirp about how interesting the things are.
More when I get to Diabolical. Until then, there is a lot more stimulation I owe my brain.

2 comments:

Serendipity said...

You mean it has nothing to do with numbers? You're not brilliant? J doesn't read your blog?

dm said...

To answer your questions in serial order:
1. No, it doesn't
2. YES, in fact I am
3. I think he stopped when I told him he features rather regularly in it, poor lamb.

Related Posts with Thumbnails