Thursday, May 29, 2008

Well then!

Usually, the evening cooking is accompanied by music from J's laptop. This music collection is so vast, it would go on for thirteen days if you played it without stopping. Consequently, everything is on there- the majority of which I've never heard.
However, to prove that he has a few tricks up his sleeve, the wily fox, what does he play today?
"Woh shaam kuch ajeeb thee
yeh shaam bhi ajeeb hai..."

I kid you not! And of course, like all good desis, the voice of Kishore immediately transported me back to the motherland and the good times. Even as my deliriously happy fingers type this, I can hear from the kitchen...
"poocho na yaar kya hua..."

3 comments:

Serendipity said...

Girl, you got better desi music in LA than you will ever get here. You know what's blaring on the rooftop at work these days? K-R-A-Z-Z-Y from Krazzy4, Hrithik's reply to I don't know what. Ans of course they sing K-R-A-Zee-Zee-Y, the yank wannabes!

Serendipity said...

What the hell is ans? I really should start previewing my comments!

dm said...

Argh. Maybe I should start blaring music from J's laptop when I am back there.
The "Krazzy4" title is about as perfectly half-way between idiotic and intriguing as I've ever heard.

Related Posts with Thumbnails