Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The plump squirrel

It may just be my imagination, and I hope it is, but many people I know seem to be going through a difficult phase right now. It's either illness or financial burdens, or divorce or professional challenges. Sigh. Maybe it does have something to do with that solar eclipse after all.

After suffering through a nasty bout of illness and hospitalization (many, many needles), I feel compelled to post a juicy poem about happiness. Just to show that I can look on the bright side, dammit!

TODAY I WAS SO HAPPY, SO I MADE THIS POEM

By James Wright

As the plump squirrel scampers

Across the roof of the corncrib,

The moon suddenly stands up in the darkness,

And I see it is impossible to die.

Each moment of time is a mountain.

An eagle rejoices in the oak trees of heaven,

Crying

This is what I wanted.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails