Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The X-Files- I Want to Believe

There you are, Mulder and Scully! I was a somewhat addict of these two when they were on TV, and spent a goodly amount of time listening to Mulder mumble and Scully put up with him and then go along with his theories and his sunflower-seed munching.
So it was with a joyful heart that I went to see the movie. And this is where the joy ended. Oh, Mulder! Oh Scully! Why did you let us down so? I suppose I should have known when Mulder appeared with a scraggly beard going almost all the way up to his eyes. He did shave it off, so I held on with bitter hope until the movie hall guys decided it was time for an interval. Post interval, I just slumped.
Er, the thing is this- the plot was horribly disappointing. Organ transplants? Seriously? That's what it's about. OK, OK so the organ in question is the head. But still. And the location. Dear God, a small town in Western Virginia where it snows ceaselessly and it's always dark? No, no, no.
Anyhoo. I was pleasantly surprised to see Amanda Peet playing a FBI toughie and then her colleague, a delightful man with a juicy frown on his face the entire time. However, poor Peet meets a grisly death. And there are more grisly things involving dogs, medical procedures, and severed organs.
I don't need to say anything more about the plot. Mulder and Scully have apparently gotten together in the last movie, which I missed, so they are now together. Hmph. I feel cheated. In fact, this movie was positively sheesh-inducing. Witness the scene where Scully comes upon a drugged patient who is about to have her head chopped off. Scully says, "I've got work to do here." Sheeeeeeeeeeeeesh. That's what I mean.
Really, Mulder and Scully. I wanted to believe! I STILL want to believe! So if this means I will have to sit through another one of your movies, so help me, I will!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails