Monday, March 15, 2010

The weathervane

To prove that one never knows which way the wind will blow, I can now eat with chopsticks. This, after expressing anguish at the fact that I can’t eat with chopsticks. I am in no position to explain it, but I am certainly in a position to enjoy it.
The last time we went to a Japanese restaurant, I simply picked up the chopsticks and began eating. Halfway through the meal, I realized the enormity of what was happening. I hadn’t even thought to ask for a fork! I simply carried on as though I were born and raised in a noble family of Tokyo. And last night, at the same restaurant, I positively shouted “No!” when the server asked if we wanted forks. It is now my turn to sneer- “forkkkkkkkk?” Ha. Take that, snobbish waitress at that other Japanese place!

3 comments:

Friend said...

Sorry, but I'll have to see it to believe it :) ...before I admit you to the hallowed circle of chopsticks users.

dm said...

May Phil, the prince of insufficient light, darn you to heck!
I will poke you in the eye with my chopsticks while I eat with them. Then you will believe it.

Friend said...

Violence and chopsticks. Why do I sense there's an Egon inside you that is trying to break free?

Related Posts with Thumbnails