Monday, April 05, 2010

Purple

April, the cruellest month: the heat has rendered my brain addled and cliche-ridden. However, there is some solace to be had. Not only are the jacarandas in bloom, their friends, those light pink cherry-blossomy things that I think are cassias, are also out in full force.
It always cheers me up to see little lanes and by-lanes simply covered with flowers. Particularly, this one street that I pass each evening which specializes in stores selling aquariums (aquaria??). It's like a Hindi movie set. Should I start twirling around as shapely pink flowers plop on my head, waving my gym towel as a dupatta and using the street dogs as stand-ins for cute Swiss lambs?
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Friend said...

One of these days the heat might just get to you, and then you'll be twirling around alright. Eyes and that motley crew as cute swiss lambs...HA!

Related Posts with Thumbnails