Sunday, October 10, 2010

Salt

I made the famous mistake of having high expectations from this movie, I’m not quite sure why. Maybe it was because the Jolie is the main star, and I’ve come to expect something higher from her. Anyway, here she plays Evelyn Salt, a CIA agent who gets caught in a game of Double-Agent-and-Intrigue. This time, the mighty U.S. is pitted against its old arch-rival, Russia.
Image from http://www.theangelinajolie.com/
There are a lot of chases, and hitting, punching, kicking, and shooting. The mother-of-six main star excels at this sort of thing, and is clearly having a jolly good time of it. I cannot say anything more about the plot of this movie, because in 12 minutes we had it figured out. The thing I cannot figure out is why the Jolie agreed to star in such a tedious and not particularly entertaining spy fest. Did she need the extra millions to buy new clothes for her kiddies? I doubt it. My only theory is that she just went for the action bit and cared two hoots for the actual plot. I must admit, it must be fun to kick and punch, wear disguises, jump off trailers and get paid for it all, then go around the world promoting the film looking fabulous in Versace dresses.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails