Monday, October 11, 2010

Trust? Vote?

The Vidhana Soudha, the seat of Karnataka's le...Image via Wikipedia
The great state of Karnataka is in the midst of a steamy political crisis. This morning I read that a group of dissident politicians ‘pushed aside’ the marshals that guard the Assembly building and proceeded to forcefully enter. And right there I thought, WHAT? They overpowered the GUARDS? How? And why? If the whole purpose of deploying these guards, or marshals, or cops, or whatever they are, is to prevent forced entry, then how on earth did it happen anyway?
I wonder in which other country this is possible. Agreed, the dissenters do not need to be shot. But has no-one heard of reasonable force? I am stunned at how our police infrastructure can be so toothless. Later the regular uniformed cops were brought in, which decision resulted in much denouncing. The whole thing is confounding. Politicians talked about the sanctity of the house being violated by the presence of the cops. It seems to me that it is not the cops who are responsible for degrading the ‘sanctity’ of the House, such as it may be.
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, my comment is proof that I still read your posts...

How have you been?

~Geminian

dm said...

Oh, my gosh. I'm good, how are you? It's been a long long while!

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear from you. Me too doing good. Yes, its been a very long while.

~Geminian

Related Posts with Thumbnails