Thursday, October 24, 2013

Rainy days and Thursdays

It never rains in the morning here. Today however, it came down: first in a sly mist, then in an earnest downpour. It kept raining gleefully all the way to work. A strange experience, one I cannot recall having before. It usually rains whenever I decide to step out of the office to head home.
Rainy days. Coffee mugs and blankets. Good books. A window seat. The rest of the day just passing outside the window.
Alas, the only window seat  is in the cab taking me to work. The only mug is the institutional mug carrying substandard coffee they give you free. Books, no, only Word documents.
Lest the universe think I am complaining, I am not. At least I am not moaning about my future apartment in Buenos Aires, the one with the hanky-sized balcony and french windows and the orange tree in a tub. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails